May 10, 2016
Hi everyone! We’ve got a few announcements for you this week:
1. PTA Math Enrichment Ceremony — On Monday 5/16 at 7pm, we’ll be recognizing the teachers and participants from our very successful launch of the PTA Math Enrichment Program this year. Please note that we’ll be offering a FREE pizza party and FREE childcare — let us know if you’d like pizza (so we can order an appropriate amount) — the Google signup link is https://goo.gl/51CY8t
If your child was enrolled, please consider attending the ceremony at our monthly PTA Membership Meeting, which will also include…
2. 2015-16 Reflections Ceremony — Again, on Monday 5/16 at 7pm, and again at the PTA Membership Meeting, we’ll be recognizing our participants from this year’s reflections program. If your child participated, please come and let us celebrate their creative work! If your child didn’t participate, please come and support their friends! Please note that we’ll be offering a FREE pizza party and FREE childcare — let us know if you’d like pizza (so we can order the appropriate amount) — the google signup link is https://goo.gl/51CY8t
3. Elections for the 2016-17 PTA Executive Board — do you want my job? No, seriously? If you want it, it’s yours :)
Ok I’m just kidding. Sort of…
But in addition to recognizing the hard work of our young Eagles, we’ll be installing a PTA Executive Board for the upcoming school year. The nominating committee will be re-announcing their recommendations, and we WILL BE TAKING NOMINATIONS FROM THE FLOOR if anyone has a burning desire to be involved.
But I’d ask that you consider attending, showing your support (for the school, if not for the specific candidates), and voicing your opinions by voting. This is important, folks. The PTA accomplishes a tremendous amount of good for the school.
Did I mention FREE pizza and FREE childcare? Here’s the google signup link if you’re attending — https://goo.gl/51CY8t
4. LAST CHANCE TO PAINT TILES!!! Ok so I have about 70 of these painted, which means I’m about 50 short. HOWEVER, I’ve now offered 6 painting sessions and if I don’t close this out soon, we’ll have to exercise PTA presidential-succession rules because my wife will start throwing tiles at me, and she has a remarkably good throwing-arm.
Here are the remaining dates:
Tuesday 5/10, 6-9pm at my house, 12810 Monroe Manor Drive, Herndon VA.
Friday 5/13, 5:30-9pm at my house, 12810 Monroe Manor Drive, Herndon VA.
Monday 5/16, 7-8pm at the PTA MEETING THAT YOU’RE ALREADY ATTENDING, RIGHT?!?
Monday 5/16 will be the 9th session I’ve offered for tile painting, so if you haven’t come see me by then, I’m going to assume you’re donating your tile for general school use (6th grade art project, maybe?)
5. Tyson’s food labels and Box Tops — have you been saving these? If not, you should start. Send them in to the school and I’m told that classrooms with the best participation get free stuff.
6. SCHOOL SUPPLIES — Now that I’m 29 years old, I’ve learned some things. And one of these things is that when Brandy Stowe says it’s time to buy school supplies, then it’s time to buy school supplies. Here’s the info straight from the top:
You have the option of ordering your child’s school supplies online.
Please click the following link www.educationalproducts.com/shoppacks This will take you to our vendor’s website (EPI – Educational Products, Inc.), where you will be prompted to enter our school ID (the ID for Floris is FLO095 – 3 letters and 3 numbers).
Next, follow all directions to complete your order. You will receive a confirmation email after your order has been completed. In that email will be a confirmation number. The confirmation number acts as your receipt. If you don’t receive a confirmation number, your order wasn’t processed.
The school supply list for each grade will be posted on the Floris Elementary website if you wish to purchase supplies on your own.
If you should have any questions, please email Brandy Stowe – firstname.lastname@example.org
Floris PTA President